Millions of people around the world now use apps like Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, Mamba, Pure, Feeld, Her, Happn and Badoo to find a partner or flirt. This week we have compiled the most popular dating apps and what to consider when using them.
To ensure your safety when using dating apps, Kaspersky experts warn:
– Do not share too much personal information (last name, employer, photos with friends, political views, etc.) on your profile.
– Do not link other social media accounts to your profile.
– Select your location manually if possible.
– Delete or hide your profile if you no longer use the app.
– Only contact message senders when you trust your match. Set the chat to keep your private information safe.
OkCupid, which also has a Turkish option, can be used as an iOS and Android application and on the desktop. After you write your personal information, hobbies or fields of interest on OkCupid, you can talk as much as you want when you match with someone. OkCupid asks you multiple choice questions as you sign up. Thus, it tries to match people with similar characteristics as you, based on the answers you give to the questions and your life preferences.
Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps right now. Tinder, which offers the closest person around you as a match by using the location services of smartphones, increases the number of users from year to year. You create a profile for yourself and after you set your preferences, you wait to be matched. You can make choices for friendship or a long-term relationship.
Bumble is a dating and dating app for women. In Bumble, women choose first and they start the conversation. If the guy doesn’t text within 24 hours, he forfeits potential dates.
Happn is an app that aims to find the right person where you live. The dating application, which works with your location information, puts the option to login with Facebook in order to prevent fake profiles.